Monday, January 7, 2013

Let's Try This Again!

Poor neglected blog. It's been sitting here all lonely for years, but this year (I mean it this time), this blog will get some attention. That's on my 2013 Resolution List, which I've been meaning to blog about. I'm doing things differently this year because I always fail at keeping resolutions for more than like 12 whole seconds. I'm doing this a month at a time. In some college course or random online forum or comment in passing, I learned that it takes 3 weeks to form a habit. If I make new goals and work on them each month, then I get 4 weeks to make and keep new habits. Here's the list for January:

1. Apply to college. (already done!) Get everything else in order to make the college thing actually happen.
2. Exercise 3 times a week. I need to drag the exercise bike in from the garage later today, since I'm not going to go out running in the cold and well, where the public can see me.
3. Blog at least twice a week; I'm only counting this blog for now and I'll get to the other two in the coming months. It's not been fair to all of you that you haven't been able to read my most random thoughts for such a long time.
4. Read with the kids more. That includes reading some sort of scriptures/church books 3 times a week. I think we'll start Harry Potter again even though the older kids have already read it.
5. Print out that cleaning schedule thing and make a real effort to stick to it. What cleaning schedule? This one: {Dot}{Dot}{Dot}: Free Cleaning Schedule Printables!
6. Get 10 freezer meals made and into the freezer. I'm going to be busy with this school thing and work and the kids, so I need to do something to make my life easier.
7. Knit daily. Yeah, I made that a goal. So far I'm doing pretty well with it, too. If you talk to me often or have been to my house, you've seen/heard about the yarn stash or my knitting addiction. Combine that with my craft ADD and I have a ton of projects that are in progress or close to being started. I joined a 52 in 52 group on Ravelry and I will knock out the 52 projects this year. January is the only month where current WIPs count towards the yearly goal, so I really need to resist starting anything new. The two scarves I already started don't count. January projects to finish: mom's shawlette, a pair of socks, and another project TBD.

So, we've got 7 categories for now: Education, Fitness, Writing, Family stuff, Household, Kitchen, and Mental Health. I'll work on new goals for each month for each category, unless I totally fail at something (it's been known to happen) and then I'll keep the same goal until I feel confident enough that I don't need it on the list anymore. Wish me luck! Feel free to make suggestions on how I can stick to these and the upcoming goals this year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment